Shooting In Minneapolis Sends 2 To Hospital

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Two people have been hospitalized after a shooting in Minneapolis Wednesday afternoon, according to police.

Sgt. Stephen McCarty said authorities responded to a call of a shooting just after 4 p.m. near the intersection of Bryant Avenue and Memorial Parkway in Minneapolis. When police arrived, two individuals had suffered gunshot wounds to their lower extremities.

The victims were transported to Hennepin County Medical Center and are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.

No arrests have been made and police are still searching for suspects at this time. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Minneapolis Police. The incident is under investigation.

Comments

1. id says:

Did the gunperson show an ID to the victms?

2. Dale says:

Was Masha Mayes notified and was she sickened by these events? Being it happened in the Mids, it might be out of her area since she occupies the lows.

3. Brett says:

Another great day in the city of Minneapolis. A couple of days ago, my brother told me the story of a friend of his who attended a stag party in downtown Mpls. He was from rural MN, and was unfamiliar with all of the NONSENSE that occurs down there on a daily basis. He got a little too drunk, and wandered off of the well policed streets. It cost him, big time. He got jumped by at least 3, his wallet and cellphone were stolen, his ankle was broken, he had multiple head injuries, but GET THIS…… it never even made the 6:00 news.

I don’t doubt this story for a second, because that same brother showed up at my home just after a night in DOWNTOWN Mpls, with a black eye and cuts/bruses. I know that my brother doesn’t go out looking for a fight when he goes out on the town, he is more likely to back away from a confrontation then add fuel to a fire. If he got beat up, it’s because a bunch of thugs thought that they had him OUTNUMBERED and knew that they could get away with it.

That’s why I avoid Minneapolis (especially downtown) like the PLAGUE. It’s a jungle down there, and the police need TWICE the cops that they currently have down there now to give decent people the feeling that things are safe.

1. Corey says:

I would probably tend to walk the other way from a group of thugs anywhere I was at, but if they start putting the hurt on then they’re getting shot.

4. Deep Thinker says:

This would never have happened 200 years ago….

5. Jeff "Gangsta" J says:

A shooting in North Minneapolis? It can’t be…….Are you sure?

6. Squirting Liberal says:

I throw glitter on them!!!!!!!!!!

7. bill says:

Maybe if the cops wait long enough the Perp will turn himself in.
    Then they can say they made an arrest.

8. Spanky says:

I wonder what health plan thay had?

9. ednunn says:

lower extreminties?..does this mean they were shot in the Nards?..