Police: Man Arrested After Cass Co. Stabbing Death

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 20-year-old man allegedly stabbed a 22-year-old Walker man to death Wednesday night.

Cass County Sheriff Tom Burch said police responded the stabbing around 10:15 p.m. in the Onigum area. When officers arrived at the scene, they found the victim, who died while en route to the hospital, suffering from stab wounds.

Police arrested Sheldon Smith that night. He is currently being held in the Cass County Jail pending formal charges, Burch said.

The stabbing is still under investigation.

The victim’s identity is being withheld until his family is notified.

1. Vic says:

Bad blood up there. Sometimes bad booze too.
    Tragic affair for one

2. Lock him up. Next... says:

There’s a lost soul if I’ve ever seen one…

3. Mike says:

Look at those f-ing ears. Something for his new prison buddies to grab onto.

1. RedTail Bugger says:

yo Mike – they look close to mine and I am English…..
      keep you ugly comments in your own home. Assuming that you have one of course

1. just sayin says:

Well, I wouldn’t mind grabbing your ears and giving your face a project to work on …😉😉

2. Doy doy? says:

Furry foreigner A-holes. Bend over and we’ll drive ya home too…

4. j speedbag64 says:

indian knife fights going on over there…tie a strap to each others wrist and a blade in the free hand and go at it………..nothing better to do up in the sticks these days

5. Faye Haugen says:

you can keep your racist comments to yourself they are only showing how truly ignorant you are…and it wasn’t a “knife fight” only one of them was armed the victim was unarmed. If you don’t know the truth keep you comments to yourself. RACISM SUCKS!

6. val says:

Wow I bet your parents are really proud of the way they raised you people. No human compassion and lacking something very important in your life that you would have to resort to coming on the internet for a little negative attention. I feel so sorry for you. I feel sorry for your parents for raising such hatred filled hearts. I hope you find your way out of your dark, miserable world and find something good about yourself that you can build on.

1. faye haugen says:

hope you didn’t mean me val because i was raised right and i feel a lot of compassion for every human being. I just dislkie racists, and people who comment when they don’t know the full story of what actually happened.

2. Bite us says:

Then go back to your poo-poo sites regarding sewing…

7. val says:

I also hope that when a loved one of yours dies, you will not have to read such cruel miserable words. I hope you sleep well tonight.

8. val says:

No Faye that was to the racist comments above yours.