Charges: Shoplifter Hid Booze Bottles In Dress
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Police arrested a 49-year-old woman Tuesday after she walked out of a Golden Valley Bylery’s with three liquor bottles hidden under her dress, authorities said.
According to a criminal complaint, employees at the Duluth Street Byerly’s saw Wanda Nunn, of Minneapolis, hide three bottles – with an aggregate value of $156 – under her dress.
When officers arrived at the store, they waited to see if Nunn would pay for the alcohol she had hidden. She didn’t, and when she exited the store, police confronted her.
Police searched Nunn, whom officers said smelled strongly of alcohol, and found that she had placed the bottles in a pair of spandex shorts. In the complaint, officers described the shorts as though they were positioned to be a basket below Nunn’s waist.
Video surveillance showed a Byerly’s loss prevention agent watching Nunn as she slipped the bottles into her concealed spandex pouch.
Nunn is currently in custody and has been charged with a felony count of possession of burglary or theft tools. If convicted, she could face up to three years in prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000.