Vikings Re-Sign Erin Henderson, Sign Bowman
Vikings CentralShop for Vikings Gear
Buy Vikings Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings have re-signed linebacker Erin Henderson to a one-year deal and signed former Chicago Bears cornerback Zack Bowman to a one-year contract.
The Vikings announced the moves on Tuesday. Henderson was one of the Vikings’ most consistent players on defense last season. He was fourth on the team with 91 tackles and also had eight tackles for loss in his first season as a full-time starter.
Bowman led the Bears with six interceptions and 10 passes defensed in 2009. But he lost his starting job in 2010 and never regained it in the past two seasons.
In Minnesota, he’ll be relied upon to add depth to a Vikings secondary that struggled last season. The 27-year-old likely will also be used on special teams.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)