Pedestrian Hit, Killed Crossing Highway Near Mall Of America
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (WCCO) – The Minnesota State Patrol is investigating after a pedestrian was hit and killed by a car while crossing Highway 77 near Interstate 494 Thursday night.
The incident happened at about 5 p.m. near the Mall of America, according to the state patrol.
Authorities said the pedestrian was running westbound to eastbound across Highway 77 when it was hit by a 2005 Dodge Caravan traveling southbound on Highway 77. The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
The state patrol said it doesn’t know why the pedestrian was attempting to cross the road in such a high traffic area. The driver of the vehicle in the crash, a 49-year-old Bloomington woman, was not hurt.
Authorities say the crash is still under investigation and the victim’s identity has not been released pending notification of family.