Target Field Welcomes New Foods Before Home Opener

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Twins and their concessions and retail partner, Delaware North Sportservice, have announced new foods to kick off the start of its 2012 season.

Among the new offerings, fans can enjoy Valentini’s Mega Meatball, a cheese-stuffed meatball served with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, deep fried pickle chips from The Preferred Pickle and a baked potato bar, featuring four varieties of jumbo potatoes.

Other additions include garlic fries, bacon sloppy joes, buffalo chicken mac and cheese, SuperMom’s Mini Donuts, stir fry from Leeann Chin and salted nut rolls from Pearson’s Candy.

The Twins have also formed a new partnership with B. Smith Olive Oil, which will be used for cooking throughout the premium seating areas at Target Field.

Many Target Field favorites will also be back including the Tony O’s Cuban Sandwich, Murray’s Steak Sandwich, Turkey To Go, Walk A Taco, Minneapple Pie and more.

The Twins also announced plans to partner with locally-based 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey — the 2 Gingers Pubs (formerly known as the Twins Pubs) will feature the famous Big Ginger drink.

The local craft beers have also been expanded to include Surly, Fulton, Summit, Finnegans and Schell’s throughout Target Field.

Gallery: New Foods At Target Field

1. Deano says:

And what are the prices? We build the Twins a stadium to enrich the Polads. In exchange we get $7 beers, higher ticket prices and a last place team…… I am going back to listening to them on the radio…….

1. mark trail says:

What a whiner. Beers are no more expensive at Target Field than they were at the Dome. They were $6 at the dome three years ago! Things do increase in price over time (think gas, groceries, etc.) The selection of different foods and snacks at Target Field rival any available at any Ballpark in the country. We are fortunate to have it! I’m guessing you don’t get out much because the prices are not at all out of line.

1. mark trail says:

Bitter much a–munch?

2. Fred says:

Dude, GET OVER IT!

3. BC says:

Thats okay more seats available for real baseball fans

2. homer says:

Do you expect the food to be free? Stay home where you belong.

3. Kevin says:

I been to some games. It aint that good. Ya cant see the hole field. team no gud anyhow.

1. GiveMeABreak says:

I think you’ve been hit over the head with a baseball bat way too many times!

2. Realist04 says:

Where were you sitting? There is only one place you “can’t see the whole field,” Left field wall. Great venue to watch a game and you need to “lerned how to spel”

1. Kevin says:

cant see rite field from second dek first base side lernd it in privit skol with other rpublkns

4. Al says:

Fire Gardenhoser.

5. ron g says:

we got someone name parmeson cheese at 1B and dimwit at cacher.

6. FatBob says:

More fattie food plz!!!!!

7. Sue says:

Are they going to have onions this year?
    How can you eat a hot dog without onions!?
    Come on Delaware North Sportservice.

1. Fred says:

you have to ask Sue

8. Nota Red says:

No wounder sports fans are fat.

9. Sam says:

How about the new Pohlad Burger?

They bribe and corrupt four Hennipen County Commissioners into taking your money and giving it to them. In return you get…well, you don’t get anything. But at least it’s non-fat.

10. Brett says:

Gonna take more than a lot of FAT-inducing foods to fill that stadium this year….Not to mention the super high prices. I think I’ll pass.

11. Johnny says:

Sounds likes most of you folks dont go to Twins games, win or lose. Let us real fans enjoy the game in the best ballpark in the majors bar none. Now we have an even greater menu to enjoy. Cant wait!

12. Warning track Terry says:

The only beer they should be serving is Schmidt’s, Hamms, and Grain Belt! Served up from a glass long neck bottle into a large paper brown cup with wheat printed on it. IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FROM THE MET AND ITS GOOD ENOUGH TODAY! Besides, I miss those kids turning the empty cups upside down on the floor and stomping on them to make them pop loudly! It was the best!

13. Johnny says:

Jill – Whats your problem? I am a life long resident of Hibbing Obviously you never heard of Valentininis. If you had lived on the Range you would have heard of of Valentinis in Chisholm, All the ore for World War II came from the pit in Hibbing. Believe me this Italian knows how to make a meatball at any price. The Iron Range kept Minnesota during the Depression and the war years. I have been in Germany, Finland, Sweden, and Italy and everyone knew where Hibbing was. The home of Bob Dylan and the home of Roger Maris, people say I know Hibbing. 70% of the Iron came from Hibbing during World war II.

14. Shane says:

I have been to one game, I live 100 miles away and I was looking forward to the Murrys Steak Sandwich, it is over hyped, plain, and a waste of money. I have had better steak sandwiches that I have made myself with left overs. But everything else I tried was good, not spectacular but good.

15. Curt says:

This is a great stadium. I love outdoor baseball. I’ve got tickets for May 26th. Nothing better than a Saturday afternoon Twins game outside. I’m looking forward to a good cup of coffee and a cheeseburger. However, that meatball looks pretty tempting.

16. greg says:

It’s nice to have an assortment, but what about all the trash containers that some of these dishes come with. The walking space in the stands are going to be littered with trash from these exotic treats. Why not keep it to a minumin with just ballpark hotdogs and cool drinks in the stands only? If you want these tray filled new treats, make sure they are consumed in the lobby area and not the stands.