MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The wildfire burning in northern Minnesota has now charred 1,600 acres and destroyed a family’s home, authorities say.
But the DNR says no one has been hurt by the flames.
The fire started Sunday south of Nimrod, Minn., in Wadena County. Since it started, numerous homes have been evacuated.
On Monday, the National Guard joined the fight alongside DNR officers and firefighters.
Authorities say the fire is now 80 percent contained. The DNR says they hope to contain the fire in the next few days.
Families that had been forced to evacuate have been allowed to return to their homes.