Acid Spill Forces 13 Families From Their Homes

BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. (WCCO) — Toxic gas and fumes on the 8300 block of Zane Ave. in Brooklyn Park forced about 40 people from their homes early Saturday morning, officials said.

Authorities responded to an apartment complex in Brooklyn Park after several residents called 911 complaining of throat irritation, according to Brooklyn Park Police.

According to a Red Cross spokesperson, acid spilled into the boiler room of an apartment building, displacing 13 families. Authorities said there was a problem with a boiler at the complex that had just recently been replaced.

Residents affected by the incident were evacuated from the area and taken to Brooklyn Center High School while the situation was being investigated. The cause of the spill is still under investigating, but it has been fixed and they’ve been allowed to return to their residences.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

The Leaderboard
Good Question
%d bloggers like this:

Listen Live