Local

Firefighters: Dog Pees On Electrical Outlet, Starts Fire Inside Chaska Home

View Comments
(credit: Oli Scarff/Getty Images)

(credit: Oli Scarff/Getty Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. WCCO Viewers' Choice For Best Place To Cut Down Your Own Tree
  2. U Of M Students Talk About Attending Ferguson Protests
  3. Good Question: How Can We Keep The Peace With Family?
  4. What's The Trending Toy In Minnesota?
  5. What's Open, What's Not On Thanksgiving?

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A family dog started a fire inside a Chaska home after climbing atop a pile of items and relieving itself onto an electrical outlet last week.

The Chaska Fire Department said it quickly extinguished the fire. Authorities determined that the dog, a pug, had caused the fire after the strong scent of urine was found emanating from the outlet.

Initially, it appeared unlikely that the pug would be able to lift its leg high enough to hit the outlet. But closer inspection revealed that the pug likely climbed atop items that were on the floor, the department said.

It is not known how much damage the house sustained. Authorities also gave no word as to the health of the pug.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,993 other followers