House Explosion Sends 1 To Hospital
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
HARTLAND, Minn. (WCCO) — A house explosion Friday in Hartland, Minn., just north of Albert Lea, left a 75-year-old man with burns on multiple areas of his body and a home destroyed, police say.
The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office said Ralph William Yotter was flown from the scene by helicopter to North Memorial Hospital. His wife, Patricia Yotter, was transported by an ambulance to the Mayo Clinic hospital in Albert Lea with non-burn injuries related to the explosion.
The cause of the explosion and the fire have not been determined, police say. The structure is a total loss and an investigation is under way.
The Yotter’s had recently sold their property and were awaiting closing on it, according to authorities.