New Water Sport Trend: Paddleboarding
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Paddleboarding is a hot trend on the lakes.
“I’m encouraging everyone to get out there,” said Alex Linnell of UAO Paddleboarding. “I’ve had tons of different people, from little kids to the elderly — my grandmother actually came out.”
And it’s great exercise.
“With balancing and everything, you’re working all those little muscles your legs,” Linnell said. “It’s a good full body workout.”
It may appear intimidating, but it’s easier than you think. As for Linnell, his name may seem familiar.
“I was the first person to stand up paddle the entire length of the Mississippi River, and set three world records,” he said.
Linnell rents out paddle boards and teaches people how to do it starting at $15 an hour.