MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 62-year-old woman died Tuesday as the result of a fire at an apartment complex in Fergus Falls, authorities said.
Crews responded to a report of a fire at about 9:33 p.m. Tuesday at the Sunrise Apartments in Fergus Falls. When authorities arrived, the woman was pronounced dead.
She was identified by authorities as Gayle Dolores Gundberg. Officials said they believe the fire was caused by a smoking, or a live cigarette that ignited an oxygen tank. Authorities have ruled her death accidental.