Local

A/C Use Sparks House Fire, 4 Escape

View Comments
(credit: Jupiter Images)

(credit: Jupiter Images)

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Four people escaped a house fire Wednesday after firefighters believe extensive use of air conditioning may have caused the electrical junction box issues, which kick-started the fire.

The Leaf Valley and Parkers Prairie Fire Departments received the house fire report at about 5:30 a.m. on Independence Day outside of Parkers Prairie, Minn., just north of Alexandria.

Firefighters safely evacuated homeowner John Nori and the three others who were inside of the house.

Due to the fire, the residence sustained smoke and water damage to the upstairs rooms.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,310 other followers