Cass Lake Man Charged With Kidnapping, Assaulting Girl
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 28-year-old Cass Lake man now faces charges for allegedly kidnapping and assaulting a girl while on Red Lake Indian Reservation in June of 2010, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
The department said Thursday that Robert Elliot Roybal, Jr. faces two counts of kidnapping and one count of assault with a dangerous weapon stemming from an incident that happened on June 26, 2010.
According to an indictment, Roybal kidnapped a girl – who was under the age of 18 – and kicked her.
If convicted, Roybal faces a “potential maximum penalty of life in prison on each kidnapping count and ten years for assault,” the department said.
Roybal made his initial court appearance on Aug. 7, 2012.