Hastings Boy, 13, Hospitalized With Alcohol Poisoning
Get Breaking News First
HASTINGS, Minn. (WCCO) – A 13-year-old boy from Hastings had to be hospitalized recently with alcohol poisoning after he was found unresponsive from drinking with an 11-year-old friend, according to police.
Authorities responded to a report of intoxicated juveniles at about 4:15 p.m. on Sunday, July 29, near Park Lane and Bahls Drive. Police said a couple of boys found the 13-year-old sitting at a picnic table with his head down and he was nearly unresponsive, so they called 911 and put the boy on the ground.
When police arrived, the boy was covered in vomit and not responding. He was taken to a hospital for alcohol poisoning. An 11-year-old boy then approached police saying he was a friend and that they had been drinking. That boy took a preliminary breath test, which measured his blood alcohol level at .16, twice the legal limit for adults to drive in Minnesota.
The two boys did not tell police where they got the alcohol, and the incident is still under investigation.