Fergus Falls Man, 27, Arrested In Overdose Death
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
FERGUS FALLS, Minn. (WCCO) — A 27-year-old Fergus Falls man has been arrested in the overdose death of a 23-year-old man, according to the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office.
On Tuesday at 3:15 p.m., Christopher Allen Tiffany was placed under arrest for charges of third-degree murder. He was arrested at the Otter Tail County Detention Facility where he was being held on unrelated charges.
According to authorities, on Aug. 10, the body of Thomas Rasmusson was found deceased in a motor vehicle south of Fergus Falls. An autopsy indicated that the cause of death was an overdose of illegal drugs, including methamphetamines and opiates (heroin).
After investigating into the source of these drugs, authorities developed information that Tiffany assisted Rasmusson in obtaining the illegal drugs that caused the overdose.
The Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the West Central MN Drug Task Force and the Fergus Falls Police Department in the investigation.