Osseo’s Bridgeport Tusler Named AP Player Of Year
Sports Fan Insider
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Osseo running back Bridgeport Tusler has been picked as the Minnesota Associated Press Player of the Year for high school football.
The award and the AP’s all-state team were announced Tuesday.
Tusler rushed for 1,173 yards and 16 touchdowns and reached the end zone 23 times, including receiving, passing and returning. He also led all teams in the Twin Cities metro area with eight interceptions.
Tusler is hoping to play for his home-state university, but the Gophers haven’t offered him a scholarship. North Dakota, Northern Iowa and South Dakota are other schools he’s being recruited by, and recently Rutgers has shown interest. For now, Tusler will turn his attention to the Orioles’ defending state champion basketball team. If he picks a smaller college, he’ll consider playing both sports.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)