Holiday Hi Lo Rules
November 30, 2012 4:20 PM
The “WCCO Radio Holiday Hi Lo” Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASEOR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- 1. HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the WCCO Radio Holiday Hi Lo Contest (the “Promotion”) being conductedby WCCO(AM) (the “Station”) beginning on December 3, 2012 at 6:00am Central Time (“CT”) and ending on December 21, 2012 at 10:00pm CT or after someone guesses the exact value of the Prize Package correctly, whichever occurs first.
- To participate in the Promotion, enter on-air by listening to the Station weekdays between the hours of 6:00am CT and 10:00pm CT beginning Monday, December 3, 2012 and ending on December 21, 2012 for the announcement of the cue to call (“Cue”). Upon hearing the Cue, the twelfth (12th) caller (as announced by the on-air personality priorto the Cue) to get through to the Station contest line at 651-989-9226 will have the opportunity to play the Holiday Hi Lo game.Callers will be asked to guess the exact value(to the nearest penny) of theHoliday Hi Lo Prize package (“Prize Package”). The exact value of thePrize Packageshall be determined by the Station and the suggested retail value of all items in the Prize Package.The designated callers willeach be asked to guess the exact amount of the Prize Package in U.S. Dollars to the nearest penny. If a designated callerguesses the amount of the Prize Package correctly, the designated caller will win the Prize Package, upon verification of eligibility, and the contest will end. If a designated caller guesses incorrectly, the caller will betold on-air whether the guess is too high or too low and Prize Package amount will remain in placeuntil it is correctly guessed by a future designated caller. Listeners may be able to better guess thevalue of the Prize Package by listening to the previous guesses for that Prize Package.At the time of their call, the designated caller must provide the Station with their first and lastname, complete address, including ZIP Code, phone number and date of birth. The Station is notresponsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and anyother technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephonecall. Due to delays in the Station online streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the onlinestream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-aircontests. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes their call will have the opportunity to play the Holiday Hi Lo game. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may only win once during the Promotion
- In the event of no entrants guessing the correct number by 6:00p.m. CT on December 21, 2012, the entrant with the guess closest to the exact value without going over will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie on the closest guess, those entrants will be put into a random drawing to declare a winner.
- The Cue will be announced six (6) times per day between 6:00a.m. CT and 10:00 p.m. CT from December 3, 2012 to December 7, 2012.The Cue will be announced five (5) times per day from December 10, 2012 to December 14, 2012 between 6:00 a.m. CT and 10:00p.m. CT. The Cue will be announced four (4) times per day from December 17 to December 21, 2012 between 6:00 a.m. CT and 10:00p.m. CT.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 21years of age or older and who reside in theGreater Minneapolis/St. Paul Metropolitan area in Minnesota and Wisconsin (Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, Washington, and Wright Counties, MN and Pierce and St. Croix Counties, WI). Employeesof the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’sadvertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in theMinneapolis/St. Paul area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling orchild) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible toenter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws andregulations and is void where prohibited.
- Listeners are eligible to win a prize in an on-air Promotion conducted by the Station only once perweek, running Monday through Sunday. Only one winner per household is permitted in anypromotion conducted by the Station. Persons may only win The Holiday Hi Lo promotion once during the Promotion Period.
- The winner may be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification and must provide their completeaddress, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- 3. PRIZES
- One (1) Holiday Hi Lo Grand Prize Package will be awarded with an approximate total retail value between $500 and $15,000. Holiday Hi Lo Grand Prize includes:
- Prize certificate from FunJet Vacations valid for a trip for two (2) (winner and guest) to Riviera Maya, Mexico including 4 nights hotel accommodations at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya (all inclusive), round trip coach air transportation from Minneapolis, and airport transfers in Cancun. Travel is valid between January 8 – February 14, 2013; February 20 – April 24, 2013; December 1 – 15, 2013; January 8 – February 14, 2014; February 20 – April 24, 2014. Winners will be responsible for applicable taxes and fees ($125 per person). Taxes and fees are subject to change upon notice from FunJet Vacations and are nonrefundable. Winners must be at least 21 years of age. Blackout dates will apply. All travel is based on availability. Winners will need to valid Passport for travel to international destinations. If Passport is not in hand by time of travel, there will be no refunds nor extensions. The winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. The winner and guest(s) must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form prior to traveling. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize. Winners are responsible for any charges incurred for winner name changes or trip cancellations. Trips are nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. Should either the hotel or destination be dropped from the FJV product line prior to booking, FJV shall have the right to substitute a comparable hotel or destination.
- One (1) ViewSonic ViewPad 10Pro tablet computer.
- One (1) set of Sony Ultra-Portable Noise Cancelling Headphones.
- One (1) 8GB Patriot Memory Supersonic Xpress USB 3 Flash Drive.
- One (1) HD Car Radio Converter (equipment only; installation not included)
- Access to one (1)suite at the February 6, 2013 Minnesota Timberwolves game, includes seating for twenty-two (22) people. “Does not include food or beverages”
- Two (2) certificates valid for Wellness Retreats at New Reflections Salon and Spa valid through 12/30/2013, schedule based on availability.Wellness Retreat includes a 90 minute hot stone massage, a customized 90 minute facial, stone therapy foot treatment, elemental nature manicure, hairstyle, make-up application and complimentary lunch.
- One (1) certificate valid for dinner and show for 4 at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre during the 2013 theatre season and a certificate valid forlimo service from Eclipse Limo including transportation from the winners home to Chanhassen Dinner Theatre and from the Theatre following the performance to the winners home. Transportation cannot exceed 75 air miles from Chanhassen Dinner Theatre in Chanhassen, MN.
- One (1) Gopher Sports Ticket Package which includes 4 ticketsgood for the games listed below: Men’s Basketball tickets on January 29, 2013 at 8:00pm;Women’s Basketball on January 10, 2013 at 7:00pm;Men’s Hockey on December 29, 2012 at 7:00pm; and Women’s Hockey on February 2, 2013 at 2:30pm.
- One (1) Gift certificate for Fuel for 3 months at Kwik Trip based off average annual mileage for a passenger vehicle, average miles per gallon used by a passenger vehicle and average per gallon price on November 29, 2012 in Minneapolis, MN.
- One (1) Wine Prize Combo from Haskall’s Wine and Spirits including a (twelve) Bottle Fine Wine Cellar Starter with2 wine glasses and cork screw, a one (1) year membership to Haskell’s Wine of the Month Club which includes 12 (twelve) fine wines delivered to your door with a description of the wine and food pairing suggestions, and an eighteen (18) Bottle Minnesota Craft Brew Basket with 2 pint glasses
- Prizes will not be awarded or processed until the prize winner has claimed the prize,presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Winner will be contacted and the prize will be available for pick-up from the Station studiosduring regular business hours (8am to 5pm, week days only) at 625 2nd Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402, within twelve (12) weeks of winning. TheStation is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. Prize winners will forfeitany prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of being advised that the Prize isavailable for pick-up.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at itssole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash due to prize unavailability or whererequired by law. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not includetaxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specifiedherein associated with the receipt and use of the Prize. The Station accepts no responsibility forrepairing any real or supposed damage to any prize.
- 4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Winner will be selected in the manner described in Section 1 of these Official Rules. Potential winner will be notified of winning on-air at the time of their call.
- Odds of winning depend on the number and order of call received and the participants guess for the exact value of the Prize Package.
- Participants must listen to the Station to win, but do not need to be present
- All Prize awards are pending verification of eligibility. Winners must execute and return anyrequired affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within fourteen (14) days of notification attemptor prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return therequired affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if aprize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- 5. CONDITIONS
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize and will be required to complete and submit an IRS form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station (or any other CBS radio station in station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of the prize (s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film, and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, his/her name, prize won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, audio or video recording, and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion, and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion’s sponsor(s), the Station, its licensee, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and participating sponsors, and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems or for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Online entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified at the Station’s discretion. The Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. For phone or mobile entries, the authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and future Station-administered Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize (s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Promotion, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by Friday,December 21, 2012, WCCO Radio Holiday Hi Lo – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions,WCCO-AM, 625 2nd Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402. For the names of the prize winnerssend a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 21, 2013, to the above addressmarked WCCO-AM Holiday Hi Lo – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of theStation and may be posted online at khitschicago.com
Sponsor:WCCO-AM, 625 2nd Avenue South; Minneapolis, MN 55402