WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-white01, ww color white
Mendota Heights Police Officer Killed: Tune In To WCCO Radio For Live Coverage | Full Story

Local

Mayor Says Light Tour To Stay In Duluth

View Comments
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. Full Interview: Jesse Ventura Talks After Trial
  2. 4 Things To Know For 7/30
  3. Remarkable Softball Player Gets A Look At His Dream Job
  4. Lake Calhoun Hosting Paddle For Humanity
  5. The Lowdown: 'N Sync Album & 'Sharknado 2'

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — A free holiday light show that’s been the focus of preachers’ legal fight over access is staying in Duluth.

Mayor Don Ness said Wednesday that the Bentleyville Tour of Lights will stay in Duluth for at least another three years. Bentleyville and the city of Duluth have reached a tentative agreement that would extend the event to 2015.

The display has been held for the past four years at Bayfront Festival Park. But organizer Nathan Bentley said earlier he’s grown weary over the legal fight over access and hinted that this could be the display’s last year.

A federal judge ruled this month in favor of two ministers who accused the city of Duluth of violating their constitutional rights by preventing them from preaching their Christian faith at the event.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus