Police: Mom Bought Pot With 2 Kids In SUV
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNETONKA, Minn. (WCCO) – Police say a mother of two bought marijuana with her kids, and was subsequently caught speeding while the two were unbuckled in the back seat.
According to a complaint filed in Hennepin County, 23-year-old Alyssa Marie Rausch, of Minnetonka, was pulled over at about 8 p.m. on Sept. 20.
The officer at the scene noticed an “overwhelming odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle,” according to the complaint. The officer also saw two children, ages 2 and 4, sitting in the back of the SUV without wearing seat belts.
Rausch wouldn’t make eye contact with the officer, the complaint said. The officer asked Rausch’s other passenger if there was marijuana in the SUV. The passenger said there was and handed over what was later determined to be 1.3 grams of marijuana.
Rausch admitted they had purchased the drugs with the two children in the car.
She is charged with gross misdemeanor endangerment of a child, which carries a maximum penalty of one year in prison and a $3,000 upon conviction.