Let’s Kick Hunger Day 2013 Rules
WCCO Radio “Let’s Kick Hunger” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
- These rules govern the WCCO Radio “Let’s Kick Hunger ” promotion (“Promotion”) being conducted by WCCO Radio (the “Station”) beginning on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at approximately 5:00 A.M. Central Time (“CT”) and ending on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at approximately 6:00 P.M. CT. (“Promotion Period”).
- No purchase necessary to win.
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):
To participate in the Promotion, entrants must enter online at www.wcco.com/KickHunger. Complete the registration form including your name, address, city, state, zipcode and date of birth. Only one internet entry per person is permitted.
Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Online entries must be received by Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:00PM (CT) to be eligible.
OR be a
Listeners who call the designated ‘Let’s Kick Hunger’ Donation line (#952-886-HERO) during the Promotion Period and pledge to the on-line operator that they will be a ‘Hunger Hero’ (a Hunger Hero is someone who donates $10 a month for 12 consecutive calendar months (starting 1/31/13)), will also be entered into the prize drawing.
*Hunger Hero’s can be executed ON-SITE at the Mall of America Best Buy Rotunda: 60 East Broadway, Bloomington Mn 55420 during the contest period OR by calling in at #952-989-HERO or #1-877-989-HERO.
- The Station will select one (2) Grand Prize winners randomly from all eligible entries received up to that point. Grand Prize winners will be chosen at the end of the Promotion Period at 6:01 PM CT or as soon as all entries are collected.
- Listeners need not listen or be present to win.
2) ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in the state of Minnesota and Wisconsin within the station’s service area/St. Paul/ Minneapolis Arbitron metro. Employees of Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Persons are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every sixty (60) days and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion.
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Grand Prize number 1 Football Draft Flyaway April 25th – April 27th (Total Value: $2500)
Package includes: Roundtrip Airfare for two (2) from Sun Country Airlines includes Flights from Minneapolis/St. Paul to New York, Two (2) tickets to attend the Draft on April 25, 26 & 27th, 2013. A two-night stay at the Marriott Marquis for April 25 – 27th. $100 Gift Card for Bar Americain. Prize is nontransferable and can’t be redeemed for cash Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Grand Prize number 2 New Orleans Jazz Festival Flyaway for two May 4 – May 6, 2013 (total Value: $2,000)
Package includes: Roundtrip Airfare for two (2) from Minneapolis/St. Paul to New Orleans, Airline (TBD), Two tickets to attend the Festival on May 4, 5 & 6, 2013. A two-night stay at the Hyatt French Quarter for May 4 & 5th, $100 Gift Card for Café Giovanni, $100 Gift Card for Café Adelaide, A 2012 Congo Square poster. Prize is nontransferable and can’t be redeemed for cash
Other terms and conditions may apply
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Travel arrangements must be made through the Station. Prize is subject to availability. If the winner cannot travel on dates specified by the Station, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in the Station’s sole discretion. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and ground transportation to/from the airport and/or to/from the hotel, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and travel companion(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. If applicable, the winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the winner’s stay. The winner and travel companion(s) must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form prior to traveling. If a selected event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station, the Station’s sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available portion of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded portion of the prize. The Station reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or travel companion(s) if either engages in a disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person on the Cruise.
- All taxes, including but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winners will each be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their respective prize(s). Some restrictions may apply.
- The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate if proper information and tax i.d.’s are are not provided within ten (10) business days of winning. The winner will be required to provide necessary information over the phone in order to process the prize. If winner does not want to provide the information over the phone, the winner must come to the station to provide proper identification and fill out the required forms.
- All prizes must be picked up at the offices of the Station, during regular business hours at which time all proper identification must be provided, and applicable prize forms, and other prize-claiming documents must also be filled out. All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within Thirty (30) days of notification that the check is ready for pick up. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Prize.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded as described in Section 1 of these official rules.
- All prizes will awarded at the end of Promotion Period and will be done with a random drawing from all eligible entries.
- Winners need not be listening or present to win
- Members of the WCCO Radio Promotions Dept. will execute the random drawings by phone call and e-mail.
- If winners are unable to be reached by phone call or e-mail within 24 hours of Promotion Period, an alternate name will be drawn and the process will repeat until a winner is confirmed.
- Odds of winning depend in part upon the number of eligible entries received at the time of each drawing.
- Winners must execute and return required Affidavit of Eligibility /Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Forms within thirty (30) days of winning, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will not be selected.
- If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 1, 2013 to WCCO Radio-Let’s Kick Hunger -Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WCCO Radio, 625 Second Ave. South, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN, 55402. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 1, 2013 to the above address marked “WCCO Radio/Let’s Kick Hunger -Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.wcco.com.
Sponsor: CBS Radio-WCCO Radio, 625 Second Ave. South, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN, 55402