Filed underSeen On WCCO-TV
Department: Tech Ops (News)
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Shoot, edit news & sports stories and operate live truck.
- Shoot assigned news and sports stories in a creative, clear and accurate manner.
- Set up lighting and audio as situation dictates.
- Edit daily stories under deadline pressure using non-linear editing systems.
- Work with reporters and producers to create stories that are visually appealing and meaningful.
- Operate ENG news vans, drive station vehicle to assignments and report all maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Complete work within newscast deadlines.
- Uphold journalistic, ethical and professional standards consistent with company policies and values.
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned by a newsroom manager.
Candidate must have the ability to work on deadline and under pressure. Must be physically able to carry, shoulder and shoot with a broadcast ENG camera (25 lb. or more), as well as carry support equipment (i.e., tripod, lights…). Should be well versed in the operation of ENG cameras and editing systems and have live truck experience. Must be reliable, and able to learn new technologies for news gathering.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Operating proficiency of Sony EX-3, DVC Pro or Betacam ENG Systems as well as non-linear editing on FCP, Avid or a similar system; two to five years experience as a photojournalist in a medium to major market. Two-year degree preferred and must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.