Maplewood Man With ‘Putrid’ Home Pleads Guilty To Child Neglect
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Maplewood man charged with child neglect for his “putrid” home where he lived with his 22-month-old child has pleaded guilty, and his sentencing has been set for April 23.
Earlier this month, 26-year-old Clayton Steven Johnson and Rebecca Lee Koecher, 23, were arrested and charged after police found them drunk inside a Maplewood residence that smelled so bad that neighbors had thought someone had died inside it.
A Maplewood health officer was called to examine the state of their residence, and called it uninhabitable.
Rotten food and mold were evident in the kitchen, and officers said the sink smelled like “a dead rodent.” The bathroom toilet was plugged up with human waste, and used tampons were strewn on the floor. Dirty diapers were also found throughout the residence.