Filed underSeen On WCCO-TV
Title: National Sales Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage the National Sales process; achieve established budget, New Business and Market Share goals for WCCO-TV.
- Strategize with National AE’s on all pieces of business on how to maximize market share and achieve sales goals.
- Negotiate ratings and pricing to achieve maximum use of station resources and share of business.
- Routinely review National Sales forecasting – weekly, monthly and quarterly – to position sales team to respond quickly and effectively to changes in the market.
- Train National teams on selling in the Minneapolis television market place.
- Develop and execute plans with National AE’s to attract new business.
- Interact daily with agency and direct clients while overseeing National account assignments.
- Collaborate with Department Managers to create new revenue opportunities on the air and on the Web.
- Oversee National Sales efforts for Sports and Specials (NCAABB, NFL, Golf, Grammys etc).
- Work with Director of Sales and Local Sales Manager to monitor market conditions and establish rate card.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Manager to establish and sell NTR and marketing programs, sales contests and initiatives for the station.
- Work with National Managers to establish account lists for National Account Executives to maximize revenue potential.
- Generate revenue plans/budgets and expectations for National offices based on established overall national expectations.
- Coordinate with DOS, Sales Managers and Research Director in developing programming estimates, creating sports and specials packages, and creating sales pieces using CBS/WCCO systems.
- Execute continuing education programs for the National sales staff.
- Maintain historical account billings, forecasting and accountability systems.
- Develop relationships with key client personnel both locally and nationally to maximize revenue potential.
- Coordinate with DOS and oversee Sports and key franchise proposals, sales and reporting.
Must be a strong communicator, results-oriented, innovative, and demonstrate leadership.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent communication and presentation skills, computer proficiency required. Minimum 3-5 years experience in broadcast sales or equivalent and managerial experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.