Filed underSeen On WCCO-TV
Title: Newscast Producer
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Lead a team of anchors, reporters, photographers, editors and other journalists to identify and produce compelling stories and a creative, 30-minute newscast that meets station goals.
- Select stories, events, videos and other coverage opportunities for inclusion in newscasts.
- Create newscast rundowns, coverage plans and memorable moments for newscast.
- Write extensively on tight deadline, generating content – including graphics and script copy — that is accurate, fair, clear and conversational.
- Ensure newscast’s accuracy, fairness, quality and compliance with all FCC requirements.
- Use video, live reporting, graphics, props, anchor involvement and the other tools of television to deliver meaningful, memorable and distinctive news.
- Coach and coordinate anchors, including weather and sports, to produce effective on-air teamwork.
- Collaborate with web producers to provide news content online and on other platforms.
- Work closely with news managers to evaluate and adjust structure, strategy and content.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, demonstrating superior ability in use of both spoken and written language, as well as effectiveness working in teams and on tight deadline.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum two years’ experience as a producer in commercial television news.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications preferred.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.