MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Minnesota Vikings and the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority (MSFA) agreed Friday on a multi-use field outline for the new Vikings stadium slated to open in 2016, according to a joint statement.
The statement says the MSFA and the Vikings agreed on a field configuration that will fulfill the Vikings’ need for a top-notch NFL experience as well as serve as an excellent indoor venue for baseball at collegiate, high school and amateur levels.
The outline has the following details:
– Optimal NFL sidelines
– Outfield baseball dimensions with 26′ high right field wall
– Right field foul line – 300′
– Right center field – 341′
– Center field – 400′
– Left center field – 365′
– Left field foul line – 326′
– Retractable seats on north sideline
– Removable dugouts
A full schematic design will be unveiled later this spring, the statement said.