Semi Crash On I-94 Halts Morning Commute
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Morning commuters on Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis endured a slow commute Wednesday morning after a crash near the Lowry tunnel involving a semi-truck.
Authorities responded to the crash just before 6 a.m. on I-94 near the Lowry tunnel. The Minnesota State Patrol said it involved a semi-truck and two vehicles, and no serious injuries were reported. Authorities said said a semi traveling westbound on I-94 went over the median and hit two cars that were headed eastbound.
The Minnesota State Patrol said lanes of eastbound I-94 were shut down while crews work to clear the semi-truck from the highway.
As of 9 a.m., the scene had cleared.
Authorities are still investigating what led up to the accident.