WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-green01, ww color green

Local

50,000 Attend Race For The Cure At Mall Of America

View Comments
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. This 62-Year-Old Minn. Woman Is A Sage For Anglers
  2. Duluth, Minneapolis Rank Among Top 10 Most Livable U.S. Cities
  3. Excitement Builds For First Day Of Minnesota State Fair
  4. WCCO At The Fair: Al Franken
  5. Pull Up An Invisible Chair

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Approximately 50,000 participants spent their Mother’s Day at the Mall of America Sunday morning, to race for a good cause.

The 21st annual Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure honored those affected by breast cancer, while raising money for research, education, screening and preliminary treatment programs.

Together the group raised more than $2.5 million.

From the proceeds raised in the Susan G. Komen Twin Cities Race for the Cure, 75 percent stays in Minnesota to help those in need in their fight against breast cancer. The remaining 25 percent of proceeds fund breast cancer research programs.

More than 1.5 million were expected to participate in 2013’s race globally.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,795 other followers