Local

Man Charged With Bomb Threats At Airport, Mall

View Comments
(credit: Jupiter Images)

(credit: Jupiter Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. Sleeping Disorders Could Be Behind Behavioral Issues In Kids
  2. Take Your Turkey To The Next Level
  3. Car Hits Protestors At Mpls. Ferguson Rally
  4. Nor'easter Creating Holiday Travel Headaches
  5. Senator: Let Local Governments Decide Sunday Liquor Sales

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A federal indictment accuses a 22-year-old man of making bomb threats at the Mall of America and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

The indictment issued Tuesday charges Dana William Ashey with two counts of false information and hoaxes. An affidavit filed in the case says airport police received a threat on April 12 warning that a bomb would go off within the hour.

The same day, authorities say a similar threat was phoned in to Mall of America security stating a bomb had been placed in a restroom. The court document says later that day, security received a second bomb threat and traced the call to a man inside the mall. That man was later identified as Ashey.

No bombs were found in either location.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,986 other followers