Marriage License Applications Available Thursday
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Several Minnesota counties will start accepting marriage license applications Thursday for same-sex couples.
Hennepin, Ramsey and Washington counties will start taking applications at 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
A marriage license obtained in one county is good anywhere in the state.
It comes less than a month after Gov. Mark Dayton signed a bill into law that made Minnesota the 12th state to allow same-sex marriages.
Couples will be able to get married when the law goes into effect on Aug. 1.