Filed underSeen On WCCO-TV
Title: Community Relations Manager
Department: Community Relations
Shift: Monday–Friday, some weekends
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Coordinates, organizes and leads efforts to represent WCCO favorably in the community. Oversees communication activities including: managing press and public relations correspondence, publicizing WCCO initiatives and serving as the station spokesperson in developing relationships within the community.
- Develop and maintain strong press, community and leadership relationships.
- Create, develop and execute community outreach projects and public affairs campaigns.
- Participate with the Brand Director in developing internal and external communications strategy.
- Oversee Press Kit creation and distribution.
- Serve as an adviser to the News Department for community contacts and story content.
- Prepare reports pertaining to community involvement and FCC requirement.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational and time management skills; must thrive in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment; need strong interpersonal skills to work closely with other teams and other departments; ability to demonstrate leadership and team values; knowledge and experience in communications, event planning/execution and public relations; must be able to work some flexible hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor’s degree in the communication, public relations or marketing field is preferred. Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Prior experience in media is preferred.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Click here to apply online.
(NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)
It is the policy of CBS to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight.