Mpls. Woman Pleads Guilty To Kidnapping Friend’s Baby

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 30-year-old Minneapolis woman has pleaded guilty to kidnapping a friend’s baby, according to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office.

On Thursday, Isabel Diaz-Castillo specifically pleaded guilty to one count of kidnapping in connection to the February incident.

According to a criminal complaint, Diaz-Castillo had befriended the boy’s mother, Vicky Orozco, after meeting her at a Laundromat about a month earlier and had taken “an extreme interest” in her son, Carlos.

Orozco called police Wednesday and said her son had been taken from her south Minneapolis apartment while she was taking a shower. Diaz-Castillo was found with the baby in her arms in the basement of her brother’s house in south Minneapolis, according to the complaint.

Diaz-Castillo also had some suitcases packed at her home, and her boyfriend said they were going to be moving at the end of the month.

Diaz-Castillo will be sentenced on Aug. 19 and she is expected to receive three years in prison as part of the plea agreement.

She has a hold on her by the U.S. Immigration Customs Enforcement and is likely to be deported after serving her sentence.


One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live