Dog Has Surgery After Eating Nearly 2 Pounds Of Rocks

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A Twin Cities dog is recovering Thursday after having emergency surgery on Wednesday to remove nearly two pounds worth of rocks that the dog had eaten, officials said.

Gordon, a 7-year-old Golden Retriever, had to be hospitalized at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Eden Prairie after ingesting 1.79 pounds of rocks. Gordon’s human owner told the veterinarian he must have gotten into some river rocks in a garden but said the case is odd because good food is always available.

Dr. Jeff Yu at BluePearl Veterinary Partners said the procedure to remove the rocks took two hours but was successful. Gordon is resting and is expected to make a full recovery.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

The Leaderboard
Good Question

Listen Live