Plenty Of Highway Closures For This Weekend
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — It appears we are right smack dab in the middle of our least favorite season in Minnesota — construction. As such, a number of road construction projects will tangle up traffic through the weekend.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is warning motorists to plan ahead before venturing … well, almost anywhere this weekend.
They say motorists should pay attention in work zones and use extra caution when driving through them.
The highway projects that may affect travel this weekend, in the metro, include:
• Highway 10 down to a single-lane between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and Seventh Avenue.
• Interstate 35W will be closed northbound between the I-35/35W/35E split and Highway 13 in Burnsville.
• Interstate 35 is down to a single-lane southbound between the split in Burnsville and County Road 42.
• Highway 36 will be closed both directions between Highway 61 and White Bear Avenue.
• Highway 52 Lafayette bridge — Vehicle length restrictions remain in effect; no vehicles longer than 35 feet allowed.
• Highway 95 is closed both directions between County Road 12 and Hwy 16.
• Highway 169 down to a single lane both directions between County Road 21 in Shakopee and Pioneer Trail in Bloomington.
• Highway 169 is closed southbound between Highway 55 in Golden Valley and 77th Avenue in Brooklyn Park.
• I-694 is down to a single lane eastbound between Highway 100 in Brooklyn Center and Long Lake Road in New Brighton between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.; westbound single lane from Highway 65 to Highway 100 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
For more information about any of these projects, visit the MnDOT website.