Police: Stray Bullet Hits 2-Month-Old In The Neck
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Police and medics are on the scene after a two-month-old was reportedly shot in the neck in north Minneapolis, according to police spokeswoman Cyndi Barrington.
Authorities say preliminary information suggests the child was struck by a stray bullet around 8:50 p.m. Thursday on the 2400 Block Emerson Ave N.
The child’s relative was told by police that it was breathing as it was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center. Police said the baby is in critical condition.
Minneapolis City Council Member Don Samuels said, “This is nonsensical, and as a community we’re going to have to figure out a way to respond to this appropriately.”
Police have not made any arrests. Call authorities at 612-692-8477 with any information.