Police: Man Arrested In Beating Death Of Woman Found In St. Louis Park
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Police say they’ve arrested a man in connection with the death of a 46-year-old woman, whose body was found wrapped in a sheet along Cedar Lake Road on Tuesday.
St. Louis Park police have 54-year-old Walter Thompson III, of Minneapolis, in custody. Police said he had been involved in a long and violent relationship with the victim, Nerissa Annette Shaw, 46, of Minneapolis. In addition to a history of domestic issues, police said Thompson is currently on probation for violating an order of protection involving the victim.
Thompson’s under arrest for probable cause for second-degree homicide.
Shaw’s body had been found Tuesday on the 5000 block of Cedar Lake Road behind a building in a wooded area adjacent to the railroad tracks, with severe injures to her face and head.
Just before 1 p.m. on Wednesday, authorities found Thompson at 15 E. Grant St. in Minneapolis and he was arrested without incident.