WCCO Radio Rally: September 19
It’s Week 4 of the high school football season and every game is magnified as we get closer to the end of the regular season. It will also finally start to feel like fall football weather with temperatures in the 60s by the end of the week. We’ll know by the end of this week who the contenders are in conferences around the state Here’s the rundown for Week 4 on the WCCO Radio Rally!
WCCO Radio Rally Power Poll Week 4
1) Eden Prairie: 3-0 after running over Totino-Grace 42-0. The Eagles host Edina Friday.
2) East Ridge: 3-0 after pummeling Woodbury 49-12. The Raptors have a legit chance to contend in the Suburban East this season.
3) Minnetonka: 4-0 One of the best teams in the state hosts Hopkins Friday after shutting out Bloomington Jefferson 28-0 last week.
4) Lakeville North: 3-0 The Panthers have cruised to three wins this year, allowed just 10 points and host Jefferson Friday night.
5) Maple Grove: 3-0 The Crimson earned their second shutout of the season last week in a 42-0 win over Elk River. They look to stay perfect at Blaine Friday night.
6) Andover: 3-0 The Huskies haven’t scored less than 40 points in three games. They will look to stay atop a bunched Northwest Suburban Conference with a trip to Elk River Friday night.
7) Stillwater: 3-0 The Ponies got a big win over conference rival Cretin-Derham Hall on national TV last week. They host Hastings this week.
8) Hutchinson: 3-0 The Tigers cruised to a 48-7 win over Orono and look to stay unbeaten in the Wright County Conference, traveling to Waconia on Friday
9) Mahtomedi: 3-0 A tough Classic Suburban team rolled over North St. Paul last week and the Zephyrs have a huge home game against rival South St. Paul on Friday
10) Owatonna: 3-0 The Huskies got a big win at Mankato West last week and look to keep things rolling in Big Nine Conference play, hosting Rochester Century on Friday
South St. Paul: 3-0 (Has arguably it’s biggest game of the season at Mahtomedi this week and needs its rushing attack to have a big night)
Totino-Grace 2-1 (The Eagles look to rebound from a loss to Eden Prairie with a game at Park Center)
Mpls. Washburn 3-0 (Jeff Jones and the Millers could have an early preview of the Twin Cities Championship, traveling to St. Paul Central this week)
St. Paul Central 3-0 (The Minutemen have their first true test against Washburn after three easy victories to open the season)
DeLaSalle 3-0 (The Islanders look to keep things rolling against Providence Academy this week after running over Concordia Academy last week)
The US Army Reserves MVP of the Week:
Eden Prairie senior running back Anthony Anderson. He had 15 carries for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns in the defending 6A champions 42-7 victory at Totino-Grace last Thursday night.
Key Games of the Week presented by Chris Rooney Home Experts, “Selling Every Lifestyle”
Mahtomedi at South St. Paul (Classic Suburban showdown)
Mpls. Washburn at St. Paul Central (Twin City Championship preview?)
Hopkins at Minnetonka (Lake Conference powers face off)
Edina at Eden Prairie (Can the Eagles stay perfect?)
Rosemount at Prior Lake (South Suburban battle)
Fridley at Benilde-St. Margarets (North Suburban Conference battle)
Maple Grove at Blaine (Showdown of Northwest Suburban rivals)
Old School Rivalry: Hill Murray at St Thomas Academy
Hwy 12 small-town showdown: Maple Lake at Rockford
Tune in Friday night from 8:00-Midnight on News Radio 830 WCCO for Steve Thomson, Mike Max, Dave Lee, Sid Hartman and more as they bring you all the scores, game updates, interviews and more on the WCCO Radio Rally!