WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-white01, ww color white

Local

Lawsuit Seeks List Of Accused Priests In Duluth

View Comments
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. WCCO Interview: Girl Behind 'Simon Says Give'
  2. Premeditated Murder Charges Dropped In Waseca Plot Case
  3. 4 Things To Know For 7/29
  4. Lakeville Firefighters Shave Heads For Girl Undergoing Chemo
  5. Polaris Debuts New Slingshot Motorcycle

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — A lawsuit filed on behalf of a man who claims he was sexually abused by a priest in the Diocese of Duluth in the 1970s is asking the diocese to release its list of 17 priests accused of molesting minors.

The lawsuit was filed Monday in St. Louis County District Court.

It alleges the diocese was negligent because it failed to protect children from a priest who had been previously accused of molesting boys. It says the diocese gave parents no warning that the priest was a risk.

In 2004, the diocese compiled a list of 17 priests who had been credibly accused of sexually abusing minors. Attorneys for abuse victims want that list to be public.

A message left with the diocese was not immediately returned.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus