WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-white01, ww color white

Local

Alleged Bomb-Maker Told FBI He Was Nonviolent

View Comments
(credit: Chippewa County Jail)

(credit: Chippewa County Jail)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. 4 Things To Know For July 28
  2. Lightning Strike At Venice Beach Kills 1, Injures Others
  3. New Zip Line Debuts At Mall Of America
  4. Who's That In The Stands During 'Little Big League'?
  5. Get Movin' Monday: How To Slow Down Our Busy Lives

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minnesota man charged in what the FBI has called a terror plot allegedly told authorities in May that he was not violent, and was using the Internet to investigate “bad” people.

Twenty-five-year-old Buford Rogers is scheduled to go on trial next month on four counts, including possessing Molotov cocktails. He’s not charged with terrorism.

Rogers made the comments in an FBI interview after he was arrested in May. A redacted transcript was unsealed Friday.

According to the transcript, Rogers talked about making bombs. He also talked about others he associated with through his militia, including a man whom he described as an intelligence officer with the National Guard. Last week, a man fitting that description was charged with fraud.

A message left with Rogers’ attorney wasn’t immediately returned.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus