Vikings Rule AP Out For Sunday’s Finale
Vikings CentralShop for Vikings Gear
Buy Vikings Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings have ruled out running back Adrian Peterson for their final game of the season.
The Vikings announced Saturday they downgraded Peterson from doubtful on the original injury report to out against Detroit Sunday, when the Vikings and Lions will play the last game at the Metrodome.
Peterson sprained his right foot Dec. 8 at Baltimore and sat out the following week against Philadelphia. He played last Sunday at Cincinnati but was mostly ineffective. Peterson acknowledged afterward the injury affected his performance. He has also been bothered this year by a sore groin.
Peterson finished the season with 1,266 yards rushing, the second-lowest total of his seven years in the NFL.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)