WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-red01, ww color red

Latest News

Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In After-Hours Club Shooting

View Comments
(credit: Hennepin County Attorney's Office)

(credit: Hennepin County Attorney’s Office)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. 4 Things For April 18, 2014
  2. WCCO Viewers’ Choice For MN’s Best Fried Chicken
  3. Wis. Senior Bowls Perfect 300 ... Again
  4. Dozens Behind Bars After Largest MN Heroin Bust
  5. Morning Headlines From 04/18

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A Brooklyn Park man pleaded guilty to manslaughter in connection to a shooting last year at an after-hours club and immediately received a sentence to more than eight years in prison, court officials announced Wednesday.

Dominique Deshon Sinkfield, 25, admitted Tuesday to shooting and killing 32-year-old Demetrius Harper last March in a club on the 3800 block of Fremont Avenue North. District Court Judge Tamara Garcia sentenced Sinkfield to 104 months in prison, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office says.

A second-degree murder charge against Sinkfield was dropped, and he has received credit for 263 days served.

Sinkfield was offered the lesser manslaughter charge because he had the grounds for a self-defense case, the attorney’s office said. Prosecutors were prepared to rebut that case, but it raised the possibility that Sinkfield could have been acquitted.

Twenty-eight-year-old Cory Bryant, of Minneapolis, is scheduled for trial later this year. He is charged with killing 22-year-old Erick Felton, of Minneapolis, in the same the same shooting incident.

The building that housed the after-hours club is now rented out to a church.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus