Sweet Onion Pico de Gallo
1 pound plum tomatoes (about 6), chopped
1 cup chopped sweet onion
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Stir together all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Stir before serving.
Per serving (1/3 cup): 25 Cal, 0 g Total Fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg Chol, 203 mg Sod, 6 g Carb, 1 g Fib, 1 g Prot, 15 mg Calc.
POINTSPLUS VALUE: 1
2 large uncooked onion(s), vidalia, thinly sliced
12 oz pizza dough mix
10 medium sun-dried tomatoes (without oil)
3 oz hard or semi-soft cheese, Gorgonzola
10 leaf/leaves fresh spinach, washed and dried
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Warm pan over medium heat. Add onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions brown and become very fragrant.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pizza crust for baking according to package directions. Mince tomatoes and crumble cheese. Tear spinach into pieces. Preheat oven to 425°F.
3. Spread caramelized onions on pizza crust and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and add tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 more minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Buffalo Chicken Fingers
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 16 strips total (or 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless tenderloins)
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp fat-free margarine
4 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/2 cup(s) fat-free blue cheese dressing
4 rib(s) (medium) uncooked celery, trimmed, cut into 4 sticks each
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Place chicken on a plate and sprinkle with salt and paprika. Add chicken to skillet and cook, turning occasionally until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic; reduce heat to low, stir and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Remove skillet from heat; stir in margarine and hot sauce until margarine melts. Serve chicken with blue cheese dressing and celery on the side. Yields about 4 pieces of chicken, 4 celery sticks and 2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.