Local

No Charges Filed In Rogers HS Tweet Scandal

View Comments
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. Optimal Summer Conditions Created Vivid Fall Colors
  2. 4 Things To Know For Oct. 23, 2014
  3. Apple Pay Launch Not Bug Free
  4. Survey: Harassment Is A Common Part Of Online Life
  5. Health Watch: Soda, Register Receipts & Pumpkin Benefits

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Hennepin County Attorney’s office will not file criminal charges against anyone associated with a social media scandal involving a 17-year-old Rogers student-athlete.

Reid Sagehorn was suspended until April after responding via Twitter on a sexually-explicit website created by Rogers’ students called “Rogers Confessions.” The anonymous posting asked if Sagehorn had been intimately involved with a 28-year-old Rogers High School teacher.

“Actually, yes” wrote Sagehorn, who’s the captain of the school’s basketball and football teams.

Police said the anonymous postings detailed sex acts between the two. As a result, the teacher was the subject of a criminal investigation.

Rogers Police Chief Jeff Beahen said they cleared the teacher of any wrongdoing and have determined there was no relationship between her and Sagehorn.

Sagehorn claimed it was intended as sarcasm, but was suspended after the tweet. However, more than 4,600 people signed an online petition to immediately restore the high school senior’s enrollment.

The attorney’s office said there is “insufficient evidence” to support the claim that any criminal offenses occurred.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,918 other followers