Body Of Fallen Marine Returned To Minnesota
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
WASECA, Minn. (AP) — The body of a fallen Marine from Minnesota has been returned to American soil.
A special Marine team carried a flag-draped transfer case containing the remains of Lance Cpl. Caleb Erickson from a military plane when it arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware Tuesday.
The U.S. Department of Defense says the 20-year-old Marine from Waseca died Feb. 28 while involved in combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. His family says Erickson was the gunner in the last truck of the convoy when it was attacked.
Erickson was a 2012 graduate of Waseca High School. His unit was based at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)