Fatal House Fire In North Mpls. Ruled Accidental

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minneapolis Arson Unit says the cause of Tuesday evening’s deadly house fire in north Minneapolis was accidental.

Firefighters found two people dead in a bedroom at 2940 Washburn Ave. N. after putting out a fire in the home’s living room.

The arson unit says they found two possible ignition sources in the living room: smoking materials that may have ignited the cushions of a love seat, and an electrical source.

The names of the victims have not yet been released.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Goin' To The Lake
The Leaderboard

Listen Live