5 MN Breweries Win Big At World Beer Cup
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The craft brewery trend has really exploded here in Minnesota, and according to the results of a recent competition, we’re also doing it right.
Five Minnesota breweries won awards at the Brewers Association’s World Beer Cup.
There were more than 1,400 breweries from 58 counties competing this year.
The local winners were:
- New Ulm’s August Schell Brewing’s Firebrick (Gold: Vienna-Style Lager)
- St. Louis Park’s Steel Toe Brewing’s Wee Heavy (Gold: Scotch Ale)
- Minneapolis’ Northbound Smokehouse and Brewpub’s Snownami Chocolate/Raspberry Imperial Stout (Silver: Chocolate Beer category)
- St. Paul’s Summit Brewing Company’s Extra Pale Ale (Silver: Classic English-Style Pale Ale)
- Duluth’s Canal Park Brewing Company’s Nut Hatchet Brown (Silver: English-Style Brown Ale)
- New Ulm’s August Schell Brewing’s Framboise du Nord (Bronze: German-Style Sour Ale)