100-Pound Propane Tank Explodes Inside Minivan In St. Paul, Driver Injured
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A man is in the hospital after a 100-pound propane tank exploded inside his minivan early Sunday afternoon, according to the St. Paul Fire Department.
Deputy Chief Pat Smith says a Dodge Caravan was parked outside of Walmart, located at 1450 University Ave., when the tank blew up and injured the driver inside.
The victim was taken to Regions Hospital with concussion and burn injuries. He’s currently in stable condition.
Smith says firefighters concluded that a leak in the propane tank is the cause of the explosion.