Mpls. Unveils Parking Ramp Charging Stations
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The City of Minneapolis just offered more opportunities for visitors to stay plugged in, literally.
The city said they have finished installing 36 new charging stations for electric vehicles in a pair of downtown parking ramps.
The new charging stations are available at the Leamington and ABC ramps. A grant from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to the Minnesota Department of Public Transportation made their installation possible.
“As a City that strives to be more sustainable, we must provide a variety of options for residents as they move around the city,” Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges said. “We understand that more and more people are making this choice to invest in electric vehicles, and I’m pleased the City is making efforts to support those personal investments and keep up with that demand.”
The stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Electricity rates are set for 80 cents per hour.