Vikings Use 6th Round To Focus On Secondary
Vikings CentralShop for Vikings Gear
Buy Vikings Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota Vikings have taken Virginia Tech cornerback Antone Exum and Maine cornerback Kendall James in the sixth round of the NFL draft.
Exum was taken with the 182nd pick obtained by the Vikings from Atlanta for the extra fifth-round selection they gained from Carolina earlier Saturday. James was taken with the 184th pick, their original selection.
After picking a linebacker, a quarterback, a defensive end and a guard, the Vikings finally focused on the secondary. Exum, who can also play safety, was the 25th cornerback taken in this draft. He’s coming off a right knee injury that limited him to three games last season.
The 5-foot-11, 180-pound James had two interceptions and nine pass breakups last year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)