Makes 4-6 servings
3 lbs beef short ribs, sliced about 1/3 inch thick*
1/2 cup Kikkoman Milder Soy Sauce
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 small Asian pear, peeled and grated
1/4 onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 tablespoons Kadoya Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Add the marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Place the sliced short ribs in a large ziploc and pour the marinade over them.
3. Seal the bag and move the bag around to distribute the marinade so all the ribs are coated.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator and let sit for 6 hours and up to overnight.
5. Heat your grill to medium-high. While the grill is heating, drain the extra marinade off the ribs.
6. Place the ribs on the grill and cook to desired doneness, ideally no more than 3-4 minutes per side.
7. Serve with Asian Slaw and steamed rice.